Monday, December 20, 2004

Random things from the last few days

One of the best t-shirt slogans I have seen in a while.
The liver is evil and must be punished.

That might be my new messenger name.

Car alarms are a motherf**ker.
After I spent two hours today kicking ass at a job interview I stopped at a Shell station close to home but not in the nicest part of town. I was going in to buy a Diet Pepsi and pay for some gas so I set my car alarm which I had noticed had been talking two or three tries to set/unset lately. Well I came out and tried to deactivate the alarm and nothing. Tried twice...three times...ten times and the thing was still set. After calling a friend to go get my spare remote from home as I was closing in on try sixty the SOB finally worked and I was able to get in the car.

Top Gun Special Edition DVD
I saw a commercial for this last week and the first thing I thought of was another kick ass Amazon review from Chad Kultgen. Nobody loves Top Gun or Bud Ice more than Chad and he doesn't disappoint with this reveiw.

HOLY CRANK!! WHERE'S THE SIXTH STAR 'CAUSE FIVE AIN'T ENOUGH

Movie Reviews
Well I said a few weeks ago I was going to start reviewing the movies I have received from Netflix. Well I wrote about 15 reviews 2 weeks ago but I have failed to post a single one so here is the first batch of three.

SNL: The Best of Christopher Walken (2004)
This is one of the funniest SNL Best of's I have seen. A couple "The Continental" sketches, the funniest Hardball sketch I have seen and of course the classic VH1 Blue Oyster Cult Behind the music. Definitely a 5 star.

"I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

Serpico (1973)
Netflix described this movie as one of Pacino's best performances and I would have to agree.
4 Star

Amores Perros (2000)
Although this movie was long coming in at 2h 33m is was still awesome. A movie where you see how the lives of characters in three different story lines affect one another. 5 Star

No comments: