Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Date My Mom

I have to admit that I haved watched this show on MTV from beginning to end more than a few times due to my current unemployment status. I have been meaning to write a post about the show but I have had a hard time collecting my thoughts on it. Today I read the Sports Guy's most recent column where he included an email he sent to his buddy the other day and it summed up everything about the show to a T.

Here's what I sent to a buddy in an e-mail yesterday:
"Yo, have you seen 'Date My Mom?' Just when you think MTV can't top themselves, they go ahead and top themselves. A kid takes three different Moms out on a date -- each of them try to sell him on their daughter. The sexual tension is disturbing and palpable. All the Moms say their daughters look like Britney Spears even though some of them look like dudes. Then he has to pick a winner without ever seeing the three daughters. Mesmerizing stuff. When they realize that they passed up the hot daughter for a dog, they all make the same face that ML Carr made when he missed out on Duncan in the '97 Lottery. FANTASTIC TV."


If you haven't seen the show take half hour out of your busy day and check it out. You will not be disappointed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MTV just doesn't know when to stop...

annette said...

Sounds like a riot.

Anonymous said...

I saw an episode and thought to myself, I think I'd rather watch Jackass and I hate Jackass.

:: Mona ::