Tuesday, November 23, 2004

This Just Upsets Me

According to Gallup

Only about a third of Americans believe that Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution is a scientific theory that has been well supported by the evidence, while just as many say that it is just one of many theories and has not been supported by the evidence. The rest say they don’t know enough to say. Forty-five percent of Americans also believe that God created human beings pretty much in their present form about 10,000 years ago. A third of Americans are biblical literalists who believe that the Bible is the actual word of God and is to be taken literally, word for word.

Is this true? A third of you people actually believe the Bible word for word? Do you not realize that it was written by man 2000 years ago? Some dudes sat down with the pen & paper of their day and wrote a story. Now you guide your life by it? I am sorry but you are fucking idiot. Don't you realize there that there were very few scientific advances 2000 years ago and man had to create stories to explain the things that they didn't understand?

Then the other half of you deutsche bags think that humans were created 10,000 years ago. So there were Neandrethals and what not cruising the planet and then one day God was like "They suck let me make somthing better." then we just showed up? I am not sure if you are dumber then those dipshits that believe the bible word for word.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fail to understand why this would 'upset' you. I am a scientist and I belive the bible's story. I think you said it best, "Charles Darwin THEORY of Evolution." It's a THEORY - not foolproof or failsafe. Though it wasn't put forward 2000 years ago, it still was a hell of a long time ago. I think people are free to believe what they want - but I won't disrespect anybody else's view - if I knew everything with 100% certainty - damn I wouldn't be reading blogs at 7 AM.

T
http://afropuffs.net
http://iateapie.net

ALS said...

You misspelled 'douche bags'.

Kalleigh Hathaway said...

I fully agree.

I do like the concept of the "deutsche bag" though. I'm imagining that it's a kind of body bag for an obnoxious arrogant German dude after you went postal on him when you couldn't stand his sprockets-accented spluttering any longer.

G-Fry said...

I used to go to a church where the pastor believed that dinosaur bones were put on the earth to test our faith in God. After all, the earth couldn't be that old. Then Genesis would be wrong.

Ritesh said...

Nice one... I am from India and somehow America's democracy always intrigued me. Even though its a secular nation, why there is so much religion involved in the elections? ... Gallop poll gave the answer.