Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Casual Definitions of Casual Sex

Recently, on New Years to be exact, I'm pretty sure I fucked up my relationship with my best Booty Call. In fact, maybe she wasn't even a Booty Call. Maybe she's a SWNS (sex with no strings) girl and I took it to an inappropriate level. It went something like this:

Booty Call girl sends a text message at about 2am on January 1st. Any message sent at 2am on January 1st is prone to be misinterpreted, miscommunicated, or maybe just missed (obviously due to the supremely drunken state you are in after about 7 tequila poppers in as many minutes, and the other 20 beers your drank from 8pm to 2am). Unfortunately for me, her message was simple and to the point - "Happy New Years!" - and wasn't likely to be misunderstood. Too bad I didn't pass out earlier...I've always liked the challenge of being the last (or close to last) one up after a hard night of boozing, proving that I can drink more than most of my friends. What did happen was a misinterpretation on my part. I interpreted her "Happy New Years!" text message to mean "I wish I were there now so you could fuck me!" Yikes. Now I'm in trouble, cause of course I'm going to respond to a message that has tweaked my weiner. So, in true 20+ drinks-deep fashion, I responded with the ever classy and clever message "I want to F U hard right now!" Of course, on the 1st at 2:15 am I thought that was probably the best text message I have ever sent, and I went down the hallway chuckling to myself and my command of the smooth talk.

Fast forward to 10am on the 1st. I wake up and remember that I sent a message to this girl, and I remember thinking that it was probably the best message I've ever sent. So, I take out the text message machine and scroll through the recent messages only to be disappointed at my foolishness. Although it was funny, still is funny, and probably a great message to receive (I only wish I were there to see the look on her face), it sucks that I probably ruined my best booty call with booze. But hey, if I'm going to ruin anything it should be over booze, right?

Anyways, if you want some easy guidelines to follow should you ever find yourself in the SWNS or the Booty Call quasi-relationship, check out this article on Casual Definitions of Casual Sex:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/262749422.html

Cheers!

No comments: