Monday, January 29, 2007

Soda? Pop? Which is it?

I hate this bullshit about whether you call it soda or pop or even sodapop. I lived in five different states growing up moving on average of every four years. Wouldn't you know it every time I got to a new city I was the dipshit that didn't know the proper slang for a can of syrupy carbonated goodness.

Thankfully none of the five states I lived in were in the South. Those crazy SOB's just call anything that is carbonated and non-alcohlic coke. Of course they couldn't agree with the yankees up north they had to come up with their own slang term. The best thing the unoriginal bastards could come up with was coke. Thats like calling anything you can put your dick in a vagina.

What is the point of this rant? I don't think there is one but here is a link to a map of the U.S.A. that shows by county the proper slang term for soda.

Generic Names for Soft Drinks

No comments: